Saturday, June 18, 2011

Gender Barrier to be Broken at Drag Races!

Word from a reliable source is that at the Drag Races on Saturday, there will be at least one Drag King participating.

This has been an ongoing story since one venue manager told me some years back that she wanted to be in the Drag Races, but they told her "only if you come as a woman".  But she is already, what's the point of that?  There was hurt in her heart.

But dreams do come true.  Apparently she will be allowed to participate this year, indeed she has been allowed for the past two years, but was unable to do so for other reasons.  Nobody told me, though it would seem that I was the one making the issue louder.  I wouldn't have repeated myself if somebody had told me the change had happened.

The "reliable source" is the woman who wanted to participate, so I have no reason to believe she is making this up.


I wonder if the "10 year old boy" from "Beethoven Lives Upstairs" will participate too?